Friday, 18 March 2011

Clerkship!

So, it's official. On Monday, March 21, I will start my clerkship in Raden Said Sukanto Central Police Hospital in Kramatjati, Jakarta.



Lookie, lookie, isn't it a nice hospital? =)

For non-medicals: clerkship, or clinical clerkship is the final part of medical education. It is usually conducted on the last two years of medical school; in my case, it's on the 4th and 5th years. The program consists of scheduled rotations between rounds of different medical specialties, such as internal medicine, pediatrics, surgery, ENT, neurology, etc. This allows for medical students to experience the "real world", that is, the clinical setting and practice of medicine.

Some people think clerkship is hell. Some people think it's simply fantastic. I tend to agree with the latter. I love positive thoughts. Though it's getting rarer each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts...?