Saturday, 24 September 2011

Most awaited movie: "The Raid"

Alright, I'm gonna unabashedly promote this new Indonesian action movie "The Raid" (Serbuan Maut in Indonesian). No, wait, scratch that. This movie has got all the press it needs. Even Hollywood wants it. So I'm doing nothing here. Besides, I haven't actually watched it except for the trailer, which sold me in seconds.


Read other reviews here:

Alex's Toronto Review
Bloody Disgusting Review
Slashfilm Review (with 2 HD trailers)
Red and White Review (in Indonesian - with a trailer and 6 character posters)

IMDb rating: 9.0 / 10

To be honest this is not my type of genre, because fighting movies, especially the ones with heavy weaponry as opposed to traditional martial arts, usually do not have any real aesthetics---just violence, and some cursing. But when "The Raid" is released, I MUST see it. This could be one of the first Indonesian movies that, finally, get it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts...?