Thursday, 13 October 2011

For St. Anna


Allow me to dedicate this one post to Saint Anna (Ann, Anne), mother of the Blessed Virgin and grandmother of our Lord. Last month, I asked for her help as the patroness of women, wives, and fertility. I was having irregular periods for a while; my body is apparently very sensitive towards things like disturbance in sleep cycle and stress (thanks, med school!), and it manifests as, among other things, problematic menses. I had never invoked St. Anna's name before, but I'm glad I finally did. This month I get my usual 28-day cycle, strangely without any nasty prodrome, so it came as quite a [nice] surprise. This is important for me because, who wants to be bothered with irregular periods when you're working hard to save the world? :p
Although my scientific side still wants to wait for several months to see if it's permanent, my less-Einstein truly believes that this is St. Anna gladly interceding for me. I'm sure her daughter also helps, because I've also been praying the rosary.

Thank you, St. Anna. Happy to have you as my patroness.

3 comments:

  1. I am Anna, too :)
    Happy for you, it's never nice to worry about those things. Especially when you ae working hard to save the world :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on getting your miracle answered so soon, faith is definitely something to treasure.

    xo,

    Ana Magdalena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies! All glory to God!

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts...?