Sunday, 24 June 2012

Lab fishbones

This morning I had a happy accident.

I stumbled on a tweet by the ever-enlightening Dr. K (@medschooladvice) where he posted a link to a rounding sheet he once used. Brilliant, I could've used that for EVER. On that sheet, however, I spotted two curious shapes in the labs boxes, each made of lines crossing each other seemingly in a purposeful manner. I had never seen such things before. Someone else, probably one of Dr. K's fellow followers, helped answer my question, saying that those are called "lab skeletons" or "lab fishbones".

So I googled that and I found that these skeletons are helpful device to record of lab results in a very compact way. Here are some fishbones and their codes for you to use:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts...?