Saturday, 27 October 2012

Did you matter?

It's been a while since I read something that is both light and thought-provoking. Yesterday I picked up If I Stay by Gayle Forman and finished it in one sitting. Yes, I know it's classified as a young-adult book, and I might be a little too old mature for young-adult lit, but hey I don't mind, as long as it's tasteful. After all, it is the young-adult book The Giver by Lois Lowry that first introduced me to the fascinating dystopian realm.

Anyways, If I Stay is in no way ground-breaking or faith-shattering; in fact, it is pretty simple and straightforward, but it delivers one question: will there be people who mourn after you die? Will there be people who desperately whisper your name in your ear, hoping that you would choose to stay?

And what are you going to show your Creator, on the day you finally face Him? Have you made a good use of all the grace and talents He'd given you? Have you put a smile on somebody's face and made their lives a little better? Have you sown the seeds of truth? The seeds of peace? Have you, through your very being, proclaim divine love?

Did you matter?

"One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts...?